All versionsSee all
GSmartControl is a system tools application that uses S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) to issue comprehensive hard disk health reports and predict possible failures.
The utility provides an easy-to-use user interface allowing the user to intuitively have access to the hard drive's specifications like model, firmware version, attributes, capabilities. It can perform a collection of test routines that have the highest chance of detecting drive problems. The output can easily be seen and saved.
Such an application is extremely useful as it allows the user time to backup the data in advance in case of a disk failure.
Main Features of GSmartControl:
- automatically reports and highlights any anomalies;
- allows enabling/disabling SMART;
- allows enabling/disabling Automatic Offline Data Collection - a short self-check that the drive will perform automatically every four hours with no impact on performance;
- supports configuration of global and per-drive options for smartctl;
- performs SMART self-tests;
- displays drive identity information, capabilities, attributes, and self-test/error logs;
- can read in smartctl output from a saved file, interpreting it as a read-only virtual device;
- works on most smartctl-supported operating systems;
- has extensive help information.